.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sight Screen

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Out of the mouths of babes...

Appropos my earlier comment about TV commentators -- and, more to the point, TV babes -- I was reminded of one of those classic moments.
There was this tournament happening in Sri Lanka, and Sony Max -- the earliest, and worst, offender when it came to hiring clueless babes and sending them out with microphones to interview cricketers -- had lined up this roster of PYTs.
Among them, Sandhya Mridul -- who, on one occasion, minced up to Arjuna Ranatunga and asked him, first crack out of the box, Arjuna, why are you so fat? Aren't cricketers supposed to be fitter?
Arjuna, in his imperious fashion, looked Mridul up and down and deadpan, responded: 'My team doesn't have a problem with my weight. My wife doesn't have a problem. So what's your problem?'

2 Comments:

  • Ha ha ha ha ha

    That is so fun...and I 'm sure the deadpanness of Arjuna would have escalated the hilarity to the tallest of heights...haha ha ha ha.

    Touche'

    Sriraj

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 13:44  

  • I'll have to keep that in mind back exercise

    By Blogger brian, at 05:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home