.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sight Screen

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Square Leg calling Straight

Umpires will now go hi-hello at each other with walkie-talkies instead of meeting in mid-field for their confabs.
So?
Says here, the media won't be able to listen in -- and I am not even sure I want to. 'Mr Shepherd, I think it's going to rain.' 'You're dead right, Billy -- it sure is.' 'Over and out'.
What the heck do umpires say to each other out there that is so all-fired interesting, anyways? It's not like getting a real-time peek at Shane Warne's text messages or something...
Speaking of which, is it just me or do you get the feeling, reading these messages, that the guy is as juvenile as they come? I mean, for complete lack of imagination, this collection of messages is hard to beat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home