.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sight Screen

Friday, September 23, 2005

Nota Bene

Before going on to less important matters, an aide memoire for the members of the BCCI who assembled in Kolkatta for two days of hard work: Dear all -- Please do not forget to file your one-day-before one-day-after expense vouchers? We wouldn't want you to be out of pocket on this one.
Here's how you have to do it (Just cut and paste):
November 21: TA/DA/Misc Exp as per norms for preparation for BCCI AGM
November 21: Reimbursement of travelling expenses (Oh, I know I am based in Delhi, and this flight expense I have claimed is Kanyakumari-to-Kolkatta -- but what to do, I was in Kanyakumari contemplating the vast expanse of ocean when I was summoned to this meeting, and I had to fly the long way around -- via Kuala Lumpur)
November 21: TA/DA/MiscExp as applicable, for attendance at board meeting
November 22: TA/DA/MiscExp as applicable, for post-meeting work

Now take a fresh sheet of paper, and write as follows:
November 22: TA/DA/MiscExp, as applicable, for preparation for day two of AGM
November 23: TA/DA/MiscExp, as applicable, for BCCI AGM
November 24: TA/DA/MiscExp, as applicable, for post-meeting work. (Note: I shall submit my return travel bills shortly -- yes, I am based in Delhi, but urgent personal business which I interrupted to attend this meeting summons me back to Kanyakumari, so I am afraid... *shrug*...you know...)

I am sure, my dear BCCI, that I -- vastly inexperienced in such matters -- must have missed out a winkle or three. Suggest you consult JY Lele before submitting your bills, he could teach you a trick or three -- after all, he once famously worked so assiduously for the betterment of Indian cricket, that when all the bills were tallied up, it was discovered that he had actually worked 382 days out of 375.

3 Comments:

  • Didnt realise you had a sense of humour as well. Quite Hilarious indeed !

    By Blogger Akshay, at 11:28  

  • haha.. prem, a year has 365 days, not 375 (any humor in it?)

    By Blogger Raju, at 11:43  

  • good one. *L*

    Babus pay themselves royally.

    They will not have money to spend on cricket matters like pitches (not to mistake for 'b*****').

    By Blogger Rajg, at 12:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home