.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sight Screen

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Shut up Raj -- the sequel

At this rate, I might want to impose a moratorium on self: no reading cricket stories before lunch. This kind of stuff spoils your appetite, frankly.
I mean, these last few weeks, I haven't heard either Raj Singh or Jagmohan Dalmiya speak with any kind of vision on the many problems that beset Indian cricket. I haven't heard either of them propose solutions that could solve the television rights imbroglio; to ensure that BCCI elections don't turn out to be national tamashas that make even Bihar assembly polls resemble a kindergarten exercise; to resolve the conflict between coach and captain, and to bring a fragmented team back together and take it to the next level; to examine the problem of umpiring (don't we have enough good ones? that sees the ICC elite panel today devoid of a single Indian name...
There's much else they could be addressing their minds to, these gentlemen who supposedly have the 'best interests of the game' at heart.
Yet all they find time for, seemingly, is to launch potshots at one another; make snide digs about each other's manners and mores and morals and even pronunciation, or lack thereof. For shame, gents.

5 Comments:

  • Not what I was searching for, but none the less and interesting blog here. Thanks for putting it up. I've enjoyed reading alot of the text here. I got you bookmarked for the future, I'll be back.

    My site is a bit different, some think it's odd. I guess it's a matter how you look at it. I have a penile extenders related site. Most of the articles are on penile extenders.

    By Blogger 8709, at 10:53  

  • Prem:

    I think Dungarpur's comments are to be read in jest rather than seriousness. He does make a comic read.

    By Blogger Ruchir Joshi, at 11:10  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Toney, at 11:31  

  • Prem,
    If you have a chance to meet/talk to Dungarpur, why dont you let him get in touch with 8709 (first post here)? Maybe that is the source of his low self-esteem.

    By Blogger Toney, at 11:32  

  • that is so funny!
    Raj Singh should send in his entry for the Great Indian Comedy show!

    By Blogger Tiger, at 14:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home