.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sight Screen

Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Smith shuffle

When he was a little boy, someone told Graeme Smith son, the trick to batting is, the bowler running in is the signal for you to start marching sideways. Confuses the bowler, foxes the umpire who thinks the ball must have struck you outside the line coz all three stumps will be showing behind your butt.
I mean, don't mean to be rude, but that shuffle has to be the least aesthetic thing in international cricket today. Love to see how Pathan bowls to him -- hasn't had too many chances yet, it's mostly been Agarkar. More to the point, love to see if they use Bajji up front -- just one over, even; I mean, beats me how a batsman can keep his eye on the ball if he walks about this way.

2 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger RPM, at 04:22  

  • I removed my earlier comment because I was wrong. The ball actually was coming in and not truly straightening.

    But in any case, well bowled by Pathan. Smart bowler indeed.

    By Blogger RPM, at 04:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home