.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sight Screen

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Viru's mantra

A piece in the Telegraph, London, on India pipping England to the second spot in the ICC Test rankings has this interesting quote from Virender Sehwag:
"The winning habit is important for us," said Virender Sehwag, standing in for Rahul Dravid as India captain. "We're not looking at ratings. We're looking to win every match and series we play. We'll concentrate on matches, and if we win, the rating will improve."

And more Sehwag, here:
Reacting to reports that Pakistan were planning to lay out fast, bouncy tracks for the Indians, Sehwag said that would suit him just fine. “I think it will assist us as well. They will also struggle. We’ve got good fast bowlers in our team and their batsmen don't have very good technique. Last time, they gave us flat, batting tracks and we beat them. I don't see why this time should be different,” Sehwag said.

His personal form? No problem.
He also brushed aside questions regarding his form, and the fact that the opening partnership had failed to fire through the series. “We need to get starts, but we’re confident of getting it right in Pakistan. As for me, I think I’ve been in good nick. I’ve been getting into the 20s and 30s but haven’t been converting them like I used to. Different batsmen react to such slumps differently. I don’t think much about what I have to do. But maybe Sachin Tendulkar or Rahul Dravid would react differently. It’s about how you handle the pressure.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home