.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sight Screen

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

On being Mohammad Sami

An article in Deccan Herald on the Pak speedster looking to bridge the gulf between potential and performance.
“It has not been easy for me. People tend to look at my averages but don’t see how many Tests I have played abroad or at home on generally batting tracks. They don’t see the number of times luck has simply not supported even some good wicket-taking balls. Obviously, my performance and my record aren’t as good as they should be. I haven’t performed to my potential. But I haven’t played that much cricket. Hopefully, the more I play, the better I will get.
“There is no pressure as such because we are playing against India. Last year, when we went to India, people said there was pressure on us but we eventually came back victorious. This is a new series, and the confidence gained from a good outing against England will come in handy. I will bowl with the same strategy that I used in India last year. I was coming off an injury in the first Test, so I took some time to regain rhythm, but after that, I thought I bowled quite well. I will play with an open mind. There is no question of any pressure at all.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home