.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sight Screen

Monday, October 31, 2005

Playing with the master(-worma)

Did someone point out this particular interview of Irfan Pathan in the Telegraph? Because Prem's in such Dhoni-esqe form today, that I, for one, am unable to keep pace with his postings :-)

In that interview, what caught my eye was the mention of how Sachin guided him during that Nagpur innings...that what it means to play with the master(emphasis mine).
I did, thanks to Sachin’s presence at the other end... He guided me on the strengths of the bowlers and the shots I should go for... He made me feel so comfortable.

Also, good to see that his head is still screwed on right (I got this level-headedness in all his interviews till date)
I'’ll be inviting pressure if I keep thinking about it... Today, I don'’t see myself as an allrounder. My primary job is to get wickets and most of the effort is going to go towards bowling. To become an allrounder, I guess one needs five-six years of international experience. I haven'’t even completed two years... I need to have my feet on the ground and get over my limitations. I don'’t look at the mirror and tell myself that I've already become an allrounder.

9 Comments:

  • prabhu..I think he's fairly reputed. Recently he had an exclusive interview from Buchanan as well....GC also....even Wright again recently, if I remember correctly.

    And anyways, whatever may be Sahi's credentials...Telegraph itself is one of the most reputed media groups in India....so that helps

    By Blogger worma, at 15:30  

  • My favourite part in interview ...

    John Wright remembers you with affection...

    It’s mutual and I can’t forget him... He helped me not get carried away... Told me what to expect as an India player and what to do and what not to do... He made me tough mentally... John will always be special

    By Blogger Pankaj Tripathi, at 16:02  

  • http://www.indianexpress.com/full_story.php?content_id=81086

    By Blogger Amit, at 16:32  

  • Non cricket but IIT'ians please enjoy

    http://dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20051030.html

    By Blogger Pankaj Tripathi, at 16:43  

  • i did read somewhere that Pathan got a little carried away after the Pak tour (partied too hard with ZK, Yuvraj and Bhajji). Good to see him back in line. If this winning trend continues it will be a true test for ALL the newbies - canyou imagine Venu and Raina and JP brushing shoulders with the bollywood and modeling crowd .... tough to be absolutely modest .. for anyone

    By Blogger RandomThoughts, at 19:13  

  • deepak lol! hyderabad the best cricket stadium?! are you out of your mind!

    By Blogger Ruchi's, at 22:42  

  • ok i know this is not related to cricket but it's very very funny

    1. go to google.com
    2. type in failure
    3. hit the i feel lucky button

    Laugh i am still rofl

    By Blogger Ruchi's, at 23:49  

  • Ruchi shah: I am from Hyd'bad and the new stadium in Hyd is supposed to be the best. Built on the lines of Wanderers. Deepak is definitely right.

    By Blogger Karrileaf, at 00:05  

  • guys discussing venues here....my impressions (and I repeat)...test matches are fairly rotated amongst the 9 chosen test venues in the country (why 9, I don't quite fully know)...and ODI matches are allocated randomly. So in ODI matches(which are anyway the cash cow of organisers) a lot of backdoor deals happen, favours are granted etc....and whatever some of you complain of (south not getting enough matches etc) may be true (actually i lived in Hyd for 3 years, and just one match in all those years..thats I darned missed it is another story ;-). But I dont think any bias happens towards South (or any other association) in test matches.

    By Blogger worma, at 03:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home