.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sight Screen

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The English Spin(-worma)

Paul Collingwood used his lifeline today to ensure atleast a slightly bigger window of opportunity for him in test matches. Although I would have waited a bit more before hitting away at the critics
"People are going to have a bit of a dig - I've played five Tests and not made a hundred or anything. I can understand there's a few critics.
On a day when the English top three threw away their wickets (and with it the carefully gained initiative with 101/0 at one stage) to the innocuous spin of Shoaib Malik on a day 1 pitch, he still maintains that the English team plays spin well enough
"OK we lost a few wickets but generally we've played spin very well over the last few years and I'm sure we'll continue to do that.
And all I can say is...good for us(team India) if they live in that denial!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home