.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sight Screen

Friday, November 18, 2005

Hoggy the genius(-worma)

And staying with England, here's a nice post match analysis from Hoggard. Interesting to read, towards the end, how sometimes we analyze a simple situation too much.
IT WAS very nice of Bob Woolmer to suggest in The Times yesterday that I bowled “the ball of the match” to dismiss Inzamam-ul-Haq in the second innings. I trapped him leg-before when he padded up to the second ball I sent down in the first over with the new ball.

The Pakistan coach said that I held the ball as though it was an outswinger, used my wrist to change the direction and foxed one of the era’s great batsmen. Well, I might have fooled Inzamam, but I also fooled myself. I was certainly expecting the new ball to swing, but on that occasion, I fell away slightly in my delivery stride, so the ball went straight on. So I got it in the right place but, other than that, there was a bit of luck involved. But if Bob thinks I’m a bit of a genius, who am I to disagree?

8 Comments:

  • sahir, yeah sounds honest :-)...although I think Bhajji is pretty honest if you ask the right question. But our scribes usually don't go into such relevant details. And he's not articulate enough (most of our players aren't) to write such insightful pieces.

    By Blogger worma, at 13:22  

  • suraj: no refresh for you for one hour ;-)

    By Blogger worma, at 13:22  

  • sahir..no worries mate :-)

    By Blogger worma, at 13:49  

  • Ok, so I enjoyed that column, and I wrote about it on my blog too.

    But I'm not going to say any nice things about Hoggard unless he gets a hair cut.

    Next to KP Skunk, Shrek Hoggard is TAFHCA next biggest pet hate.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 14:43  

  • zainub: ged, one of our English regulars on this blog, says KP is 'Sehwag with hair and attitude'. I think you would like to have a word with him :-))

    By Blogger worma, at 16:44  

  • worma

    :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 17:11  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 08:53  

  • Sahir,

    My blog, called Sundries, can be visited at : http://www.bloxster.net/zainub

    Your apology has been accepted Sahir, I think I had a rush of blood last night with some of my comments, and I might have gone a bit over the top with what I said, at least some of the things. Basically, because I practice a certain idea with so much devotion, I don't feel entirely comfortable when other people do someting so entirely the opposite and on top of that feel it's their God given right to slag off of those who do. Of course, people can wear what ever they want, but it does make me a tad uneasy. Especially when members of the opposite gender start saying they like it. I felt disrespected and was dissapointed with the manner in which I was responded to by some on the other thread, and that is why I decided it was best to ignore it. I don't think I want to discuss this any further. Not now at least, at a different place, and a different time, then may be. For now, let cricket be the topic.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 09:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home