.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sight Screen

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Younis Khan - Cautiously Optimistic

Younis Khan in this article has tipped Danish Kaneria to be the trump card in the forthcoming Test series against India. "He is the best leg-spinner in the world today after Shane Warne. I think Kaneria gives us the edge," he said.

I just hope that articles like these do not put Danish under too much pressure.

Younis also backed the inclusion of Ganguly in the team. He was of the opinion that Ganguly's experience might come in handy specially in pressure situtaions. "I think Ganguly is a terrific player. India won a lot of matches under his captaincy, which can never be overlooked. His return will surely add experience to the team," he said.

But it is current skipper Rahul Dravid, whose wicket will be most highly prized by Pakistan's bowlers, according to Younis.

I have been closely watching Pakistan since the last few months (Pakistan in India, Pakistan in West Indies and England in Pakistan series thanks to Dish Network). I do believe that there is a definite change in the Pakistan camp. They look like a very united unit (reminded of the times how they used to play under Imran Khan), they now play with a plan in mind! (thanks to Bobby) and are backing each other.

I personally know someone in the present Pakistani team, I was talking to him on the phone the other day and he was telling me how Shoaib has all of sudden become a team man. According to the player, Shoaib actually joins the team for morning prayers !! Now those of you who know Shoaib and his social activities this is breaking news...

Anyways, I feel it is going to be one heck of a series as both the teams have done fairly well in the recent past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home